Summer of Smoothies
While smoothies are delicious year-round, there is something about a smoothie on a sunny summer day that tastes even more delicious! Smoothies are the perfect way to add beneficial nutrients to your diet. A smoothie filled with fiber, healthy fats, and protein can keep blood sugar regulated AND ensures you’re full and satisfied until your next meal.
Smoothie ingredients are limitless! We encourage you to blend up your favorite fresh or frozen fruits, a handful of greens, your choice of juice or milk variations for liquid, along with a variety of these additional unique ingredients below. Here are some of our favorite unique smoothie additions that will add some extra oomph to your next smoothie!
- Hemp Seeds – This sweet, nutty, high-protein seed is filled with Omega 3, 6, and all 9 essential amino acids. Blend in or top your smoothie with them!
- Chia Seeds – This superfood is high in fiber, rich in healthy fats, and loaded with antioxidants. Blend or use as a topping.
- Avocado – Filled with heart-healthy fat and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Protein Powder – Whether you use a plant-based or whey protein, protein powders can be a great supplement, often adding up to 20 grams per scoop. Protein helps the body repair and maintain muscle.
- Nut Butters – Peanut, cashew, almond, sunflower, or any other nut butter will add additional healthy protein and fats to leave you more satisfied.
- Cauliflower – With a mild flavor, frozen cauliflower can add great bulk and prebiotic fiber without changing the flavor of your drink.
- Maca Powder – Considered Peruvian Ginseng, maca is loaded with fiber, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- Cocoa Nibs – These roasted cocoa beans are antioxidant-packed and add a nutty, coco-like flavor to smoothies. Perfect for topping a smoothie!
- Coconut Cubes – Blend and freeze coconut in ice cube trays to freeze and later blend into smoothies for additional bulk and great flavor.
- Tumeric – A little bit of this spice will add inflammatory benefits to your smoothie.
Our Double Boldt Real Estate team encourages you to get the most out of your Wisconsin summer with nutritious smoothies to leave you feeling your absolute best for some summer fun. Remember to measure your smoothies with your heart, and enjoy!